Thank you for choosing THAT! Interpreting Services of Deaf & DeafBlind, Inc. for your sign language interpreting needs.
- Two hour minimum at all applicable hourly rate
- Exceeding the contracted time:
- By 0-10 minutes: no additional charge
- By 11-30 minutes: addition of half of the hourly rate charge
- By 30-60 minutes: addition of full hourly rate charge
- Regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 5:30PM
- Holidays, Weeknights, and Weekend days/nights are Special hours
- Short Notice/Emergency requests are automatically charged an additional $75.00 (per assignment) unless otherwise arranged. Short Notice requests are any requests made within three days (72 hours) of the anticipated appointment.
- Mileage, transportation, out of area fees, coordinating fees, etc. will be calculated depending on each state/location. You will be informed of all fees before the assignment.
- Assignments requiring two interpreters or more are referred to as a Team and will be charged differently from the assignment of a single interpreter. You will be notified as to the charge before the final agreement.
- Cancellations occurring 48 Regular Business hours plus prior to scheduled assignment will be no charge.
- Cancellations occurring less than 48 Regular Business prior to scheduled assignment will be charged the entire contracted amount unless otherwise notified.
- On-site modification, client no-shows, or assignments finished earlier than the scheduled contract time will be charged the entire contracted amount unless otherwise notified.
- Any cancellation occuring during Special Hours are subject to applicable charges.
- Payment is due 30 days from the invoice date - Net30
- 3% late fee per month past 30 days from invoice date will be added.
- Large assignment (team, multiple sites, long hours, etc) will be required 25% deposit 48 hours plus prior to scheduled contract time. You will be informed with PIA (Payment In Advance) message before an interpreter is assigned.
- Large assignment (team, etc) will be 10% added to the contract as coordination fee.
- If your payment has not been paid for a period of time exceeded three months. THAT! will refer your unpaid balance to a collection agency. A collection fee, not to exceed 25% of the balance referred; plus reasonable attorney’s fees; and court costs, when necessary, will be added to the balance due.
- 10% discount on invoice being paid within 10 days from the billed date.
- Health care providers are responsible for the invoices whether or not the service is covered by the patient’s insurance.
Preparation for Assignment
- Clients will be responsible for providing us with sufficient information necessary to complete the assignment and billing:
- Correct date
- Location, deaf client name, on site contact person,
- Phone numbers
- On-site contact person and Deaf/DeafBlind consumer names if possible
- Materials, scripts, and etc if possible will be very helpful
- Clients will expect correspondences from THAT! for further information if needed.
Differences Between One-Interpreter and Two-Interpreter assignments
- If an Assignment lasts longer than two hours, a two-interpreter team is recommended. They will switch approximately every 20 minutes, depending on work environment factors such as nature, length, stress of lectures, number of Deaf and Deaf/Blind clients, etc.
- If an Assignment lasts longer than two hours, one interpreter will require frequent breaks, approximately 10 minutes per hour if a two-interpreter team is not available. For large Assignments such as conferences, workshops, entertainment, events, a two-interpreter team is strongly recommended.
- For large Assignments such as conferences, workshops, entertainment, events, a two-interpreter team is strongly recommended.
- A coordination fee will be added, 10% of the total due. If this will apply to your request, THAT! will let you know prior to completing the request process and include any such fees in the cost estimate or inform you as soon as possible.
- When one interpreter does a two-interpreter assignment, billing will be at time and a half to induce the interpreter to take the assignment and to compensate the interpreter for the extra work (nearly double) done in that situation. THAT! will let you know prior to completing the request process.
THAT! is dedicated to working on any and every request and providing adequate details every day, including weekends and holidays. THAT! will contact you as soon as possible to gather any further information needed, and successfully secure the interpreters. THAT! would appreciate if you correspond promptly via phone calls, emails, text messages, faxes, etc. so as not to delay the process.
In reality, there is a shortage of interpreters nation-wide, THAT! is doing our best to fulfill assignments every day. Unfortunately, some assignments cannot be filled due to lack of interpreters, interpreter availability, conflicts, etc.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change by THAT!. You will however be notified by an email, notice on homepage of our website, or a notice in your account.Effective November 14, 2019